Nullsoft Winamp is a fast, flexible, high-fidelity media player for Windows. Winamp supports playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI, ASF, MPEG, NSV), custom appearances called skins, audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins), an advanced media library, Internet radio and TV support, CD ripping, and CD burning. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow. This player supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
Here are just some of the hot, new things you can do with the latest version of Winamp:
• Winamp can use both Modern and Classic skins, so you can be both hip and retro at the same time.
• Winamp gives you easy and organized access to your favorite media. That's what you call mass media.
• Winamp can play a huge variety of audio and video formats right out of the box... err... out of the installation.
• You get access to hundreds of free audio and video channels in the Media Library. This ain't your father's library.
• Winamp can burn your music to Audio CDs. Burn baby burn!
• Winamp makes it easy to create and manage your favorite songs through playlists. Yes, you can be your own DJ.
• Winamp allows you to extend its functionality through the use of "plug-ins". It's like the Mr. Potato Head® of music.
• Winamp can manage all of your portable media players and devices. Plug in, turn on, tune in, drop out...
• Winamp allows you to alter the sound of your music through a built-in Equalizer. An audio receiver right on your computer.
• Winamp allows you to watch visual effects that are driven from your music with Visualizations. From flaming fireballs to screaming strobe effects, it's all there.